My Mere Vacation Blog

Thursday, March 22, 2007

TRAGIC week!

It isn’t a good week, my mother-in-law passed away on the 15th March 2007. I never thought that she would die that early. She was only 59. It’s a tragic. I and Kent did not get to meet up her for the last time. We were rushing home after we heard that she was in a severe condition in ICU. While on our way back (driving in a mind-boggling speed of 160-180 km/hour) she passed away at the time 3.05 p.m. We were like an hour away from reaching Sitiawan.

As I step down from my car (Sitiawan home), her body arrived at the same time. I can’t believe my eyes to see her deceased body was wrapped with the hospital blanket. I can’t stop crying. Hubby was extremely heartbreaking and depressing. I never saw him that way since I know him. He loves his mom very much. And she loved us very much too.

The environment was so strange. It was not as usual. Usually when I get back home all my nephews and nieces (age 1-9, all 9) will come running towards me to greet me. But it’s totally strange and cold that day. Everyone was weeping, screaming and gloomy. Even the children were sobbing terribly. The children knew that they will no longer see their grandmother in the future. At that instant I knew that there will be a drastically change!

The undertaker arrived. Me and my sister in-law cleaned her and dressed her up before placing her in her casket. I never thought that I was that fearless to lay a hand on her but I did. I am proud of my self to do all those work as I know that if I don’t I will never get the chance to be a good daughter-in-law. I will no longer have the chance to show it to her.

The memorial service lasts for 3 days and she was then buried on the 17th March 2007. On the 7th day (21st March 2007) which is today. After her death we have to make offerings. Chinese do believe that the soul of a dead person will come back after 7 days to visit the family members.

Yesterday, my sister called me that she and her boyfriend have Dengue fever and need to be admitted hospital immediately. She was terrified as I was not there with her (KL). She has no clue what she was going to do next. I was terrified too. Dengue fever can kill. I immediately packed my stuff and leave. Kent drives me back to KL.

As I reached the hospital, I am glad that my sister is all right however Chee Leong is in a serious condition. He looks so pale and thin. Both of them have had fever a week ago. They only realized and confirmed that they have Dengue after the blood test and long fever.

Today, Hubby drives back to Sitiawan to make offering to his mother. While I stay back at the hospital taking care my sister. It ain’t a good week. I am not glad.. It’s awful! I feel bad for not going back with Kent. There is always the guilt.

**** Its sad that my children have no grandmother! :'(

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails